10 Tips When Purchasing a Property
- Meet with a financier to speak about your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle. Keep
in mind affordability and accommodation requirements. Register to Personal Notifier.
Personal Notifier is an automated service that can alert you to new
property listings and upcoming open homes. Save yourself the effort of
hunting for your ideal property by letting the Personal Notifier do the
hard work for you!
- Research sales and inspect every property in your preferred area so you have a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.
- Develop a relationship with a Harcourts Property Consultant specialising
in your preferred area. The agent will be able to offer additional
advice and also alert you to new listings and past sales information. Harcourts Personal property notifier is a wonderful tool to assist
- We recommend that you arrange a building and pest inspection during the cooling off period to make you aware of any major defects and pest concerns eg: white ant, structural issues.
- Following the cooling off period the Real Estate Agent will ask you for a conveyancer to send your contract to. If you do not have a conveyancer you can contact one our sales team for a recommendation.
- If you are bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Real Estate Institute of South Australia BUYING AT AUCTION information. One of our staff will be happy to give you tips on auctions or attend the auction with you.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the
sale contract and pay a deposit. (10% if the successful bidder at
auction) Your deposit will be held in trust account until settlement.
- On settlement day your keys should be ready for you once the agent has
been notified by the conveyancer that settlement has taken place.
- Enjoy your new home and remember to think of Harcourts Magill when it's time to sell!